Top Three Tribute

I'll admit it - I thought that my Top Three page-view stats might pale in comparison (which they do!) to all of the amazing bloggers whom I stand in AWE of (like Mrs. Parker - have you seen her #s?), so I almost didn't even participate, but a JOYful little birdie talked me into it, so I'm linking up with Fern in a better-late-than-never Top Three Tribute. 

The #1 most-visited post since I started blogging in late June is From Crayons To College with 1,450 views. I co-wrote this character alphabet for a bulletin board last January with my daughter, who was going through the rigor of the college-and-scholarship application process at the time. Jennifer from Runde's Room helped on this one when she posted our ABCs onto a bulletin board of her own AND published them into a book that you can download for free. Oh, and look at how a high school in CA has woven them into their Panther Pride academic bulletin. A.m.A.z.I.n.G!

My #2 most-popular post with 535 views is Friendship Is A Treasure. This one is a fun treasure-hunt spinoff that I put together after some third-grade girl drama called for some reflection about what it means to be a good-fit friend. I also think it has to do with the cute graphic because many of the visits seem to come from a google search for a cute friends graphic. 

Coming in #3 with 509 views - Words In A Window - was actually one of the first Linky Parties I participated in, so I credit many of those visits to Jodi at Fun in First. It was a back-to-school activity post and I wrote about Window Cards. Much like a fortune cookie, these are a crowd favorite with a secret inspirational message inside.


Selected by comments rather than views since I'm not privy to those stats, the honorable mention post - Cultivate A Winning Attitude - was my first guest spot over at The Teachers' Lounge and it got . . . drum roll please . . . 27 positive comments . . . without a Really Good Stuff Secret Giveaway attached! It's one that we can revisit now as we arrive at yet another pivotal renewal point in the calendar.  

So there you have it; gotta love data. What you can't tell by the numbers is just how much I appreciate our cyberspace collaboration. I am learning something new every day from all of the blogs I frequent and I thank all of you for stopping by the Corner on Character periodically for your daily dose of motivation, inspiration and J.o.Y!
  

4 comments

  1. Thank-you again, for letting me in on your FABULOUS ABCs. I plan to pull them out again during the first week back, and have the students reflect on the one they chose to focus on at the beginning of the year. We've been doing a lot of reflecting, why shouldn't the kids.

    Thank-you for all you do EVERY day (I can't believe you get a post out every day ... boggles my mind!). I look forward to your post every night after I put my kids to bed - it's often exactly what I need to convince me to put in that little bit of extra effort to get something done, or make something a little better.

    Best wishes from the bottom of my heart for the BEST of New Years.

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank, Jen; what a sweet, sweet thing to say. When I read the Zig Ziglar quote about needing inspiration daily like needing to bathe daily, then I decided I'd give it a try, to find something inspirational every day to write about. I'm going on like #203 days in a row, and guess what? I'm happier than I've been in years, so it's been a win-win!! Thank you SO much for your warm affirmations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank you to you first for participating in my Linky Party this summer :)
    Have a fabulous New Year's!!!!

    Jodi
    fun-in-first.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking up at my Linky Party and letting your readers know about it too!
    I loved seeing your top three posts. I am now following you EVERYWHERE!
    Happy New Year,
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith’s Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!