Sunny With A High

Happy Wednesday! Last weekend I was relegated to my son's little Cobalt since John took the boys to San Antonio in the van. Not that there's anything wrong with that; I actually like driving around in it.  Beside the fact that it's small and zippy, the car stereo plays the songs that my teen is listening to and likes. One tune in particular - High of 75 by Relient K - grabbed my attention and instantly endeared itself to me. It's got quite a catchy rhythm and the lyrics intrigued me. I listened to it over and over and over again. Click here to see for yourself. Basically, the singer isn't sure whether it's the bipolar weather that's controlling his moods. He reflects: 
"It's funny how you find you enjoy your life when you're happy to be alive." 

This pygmy provided total pet therapy!
So today I'm wondering what helps you enJOY your life and makes you happy to be alive? What's your spark, your passion, your "sunny with a high of 75?" And how do you recharge your battery when it gets cloudy and you're under the weather emotionally? I know that my highs include listening to music, spending time with my family, connecting and networking, baking, knitting, and writing.  Sometimes it's a drive back to my roots, out into the country, to spend time at the farm. How do you practice the art of nurture and self-care? Check out my guest post at The Teachers' Lounge today for ways to refuel when you're under a thunderhead and/or running on empty. 


No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!