Make Each One Your Favorite


Today I'm sleeping in just a bit 'cause yesterday I came to the exhausting realization that my days are numbered. Ok, I'll give you that all of our days are numbered, but educators, our summer days. ARE. NUMBERED! Anyway, I've traveled west to post at Learning With Mrs. Parker. Sylvia and I found that we have a Wisconsin connection in addition to the fact that hers was one of the first blogs I ever visited and subsequently followed. And when she noticed that I didn't have a blog button, she offered to make one for me. I was SO touched by her generosity and kindness 
(you can read all about it here) that I just knew we'd become friends. 



So click {here} to go to her blog, follow if you don't already, surf for a spell, then read my musings about why it's more than a promising practice to focus on the positives and find something that makes each and every student (blueberry or bear!) your favorite.




3 comments

  1. Awwww...so sweet. I love the quote at the top of this post. And because I will be teaching 4 separate classes this year and won't have as much time to actually "talk" to my 5th/6th graders (in a social context) I am going to be using conversation calendars as bell ringers. I got the idea from Cris Tovani (my latest hero) and her book Do I Really Have to Teach Reading?

    I hope to still be able to get to know my students and establish a relationship with each and every one. :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    Were you able to buy Bitter End the other day at the bookstore and if so-do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've picked it up but I have to be disciplined and finish Conscious Discipline first . . . it's next in line! I'll let you know.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed your post, Barbara. I strive to be like your Aunt Norma. She sounds like she was an amazing teacher!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!