Haunted Yet Hopeful

The poem entitled I Am (written by Laura for the Beat Bullying campaign in the UK) haunts me in a way that no recent writing has; it poignantly drives home the importance of creating safe schools where everybody belongs, where everybody is cared for and loved, where everybody feels valued and valuable.  
A place where everybody experiences respect and joy
Click {here} to see the You Tube film clip version. 

But this next clip gives me hope. Check out this FlashMob collaboration between Churchill Secondary and David Lloyd George Elementary in Canada as they celebrate Acceptance:



These two clips side by side would make a great 
compare and contrast essay prompt or discussion starter, don't you think?


No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!