Festive & Fun

There was so much crafting and creativity going on at school as we launched into winter break. Our character cam caught Heather Krail creating this festive handprint keepsake to give as a gift to each of her kindies. 
I can practically taste those tempting treats.

Photo of Handprint Santa plate

First graders got to experience the Polar Express - 
Well, ya comin'?



We celebrated our very own maintenance man, Mr. Fred, with a special 
Fred Day for his birthday. We all dressed like Fred, we gave him a copy of The Fred Factor book, and we made a bulletin board in his honor:



And finally, this picture that my brother snapped last year 
makes me laugh. It's also special because Mark made it a little contest and offered to donate money to the favorite charity of the person whose caption made him laugh the hardest. My son Jacob was one of the winners and Mark sent $100 to support Camp Lonestar on his behalf.  
In the end, generosity wins. 


My heart is so happy!

I'm going to be unplugging for a bit, so I'll wish you all joy and peace through this holiday season. Thank you for continuing to stop by the Corner. 
Have a Caring Christmas and a TeRRiFiC 2013!


3 comments

  1. I enjoyed checking out what's been going on at your school. It all looks wonderful. Merry Christmas Barbara!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweet Santa plate.
    Merry Christmas, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, you are a GIFT to all of us! Glad you will be unplugging for awhile and enjoying a restful Christmas vacation. Your school looks like an exciting and comforting place to be!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!