Beep Beep

So this morning I got beeped at and all day long 
I've had the Beep Beep song stuck in my head.

Do you know this song?  John didn't and I was shocked because he's a big 60s guy! Anyway, it's not like my situation has anything to do with a Caddy, a Rambler, or a race, but that beep beep kept playing on, over and over, in my mind.

It's not the first time I've ever gotten beeped at either. But since the accident, I've become a more cautious driver for sure, so it's no surprise that I would get beeped at when I was at a stop sign where maybe I could have gone sooner but decided to wait for a bigger clearing instead. It didn't ruin my day or anything like that, but it gave me pause because it doesn't feel good ... to be beeped at. And it made me wonder what the hurry is. Don't get me wrong; in a hurry-up world, I'm typically a hurry-up girl. But I'm reminded about the wisdom of this Lao Tzu (the Father of Taoism) quote: 

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. 

So beep at me all you want and tease me about Mother Nature if you must. I'm trying not to be in such a hurry anymore. 

Beep Beep!

To make up for getting beeped at, 
look at what came in this afternoon's mail: 




To a random recipient, it might seem like a really random surprise, but to me it was an amazing gift. You see, I bought several of these joy mugs last year on the day after Christmas (why yes, they were half price!) to keep on hand to give as gifts to people who bring me joy. I put fuzzy socks with a few of them, a Starbucks card with others, and a few of them I just gave as is. 
Oh, and I kept one for myself.


For over a year now, I've alternated drinking my morning candybar-in-a-cup between my Peace on Earth mug and my joy mug. A few weeks back, however, first thing in the morning before my right hand's muscles had fully awakened and would cooperate, I reached for that joy mug and it fell out of my hand and broke. Jacob heard the crash and came rushing in there. He was sweet to suggest that I drink from the side of the mug that wasn't damaged, but in my frustration, I just threw it away. 

So you can imagine my delight when I opened this box from Amazon, sent to My Sweet Friend at my address, and it was my joy mug coming back home. It brought with it a friend for when I have overnight guests at the Gruener B & B. Jacob assures me it wasn't he who sent this to me. So does John. Rest assured that I have my suspicions, but this act of kindness adds an element of fun because it's mysterious, so for now, I'm not putting anyone in a line up or under the lights. I'll just enjoy my daily 
jolt of java and joy 
with extra caramel and an even bigger smile.

Beep Beep!


4 comments

  1. I love that someone sent you some joy. What a wonderful and deserved surprise!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how sweet that someone sent you that mug:) You're well loved!
    I've never heard that song either! It's cute.
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone ever deserved a random gift of joy-it would be you!

    Loved that video!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a funny feeling that I will be singing the "beep beep" song for a while...
    You deserve OCEANS of joy for all that you do for others, Barbara Dear!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    PS I think the Beatles have a "beep beep song" too (Baby, you can drive my car...)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!