Shrimply Devine

I always chuckle when people start a conversation with, "Let me be honest," or "I'm gonna be honest," because I can't help but wonder if their normal m.o. is to be dishonest. But today I find myself wanting to start that exact same way. When that school family member offered to bring me some shrimp, 
I honestly did not see this coming:




Those beady little eyes looking up at me, I know, I know, they were already long dead, but something about this, coupled with the fact that they had not yet been deveined, kind of creeped me out. 
And yet, when life gives you shrimp...

Yep, it's time to share a mouth-watering recipe that I {honestly} think you'll want to try, after you find a friend to help you behead and devein these 
little devils, of course.

Italian Shrimp

2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. oregano
3 bay leaves
2 tsp. rosemary
25 cloves garlic, mashed (fewer as desired)
1 cup dry white wine

 Place all ingredients except wine in large skillet and cook over medium high heat for 20-25 minutes until shrimp are pink; stir occasionally. Reduce the heat and add wine. Cook at low simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 5-7 minutes. Serve hot with pan juices and your favorite bread for dipping. Add a side of Fettucini Alfredo for a heavenly complement. Delish!


2 comments

  1. That recipe looks extremely yummy.
    We peel our own shrimp all the time ... you get used to it:)
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds deLISH, Barbara! Thinking about and praying for you as you recover.
    Hugs - Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!