Climate Changers 6

Happy Easter!
I woke up to some beautiful blooms inside and outside my window.
 I just love my Easter foliage!


I also woke up wondering who today's Climate Changer would be.
 You see, the more I look for Climate Changers, 
the more Climate Changers I realize I'm blessed with in my world. 

Since I spent a lot of time with high schoolers at my former stomping ground this week, I've selected one of Friendswood High School's finest teachers, Melissa Victorick. Kaitlyn and Joshua both had the privilege of being under her mentorship in Professional Communications (Speech) class and I've had the opportunity to get to know her well through our Peer Assistance and Leadership (PAL) program, a course she's taught the last six years.

Mrs. Victorick is the kind of teacher that every child deserves.
 She's pleasant, warm and welcoming. 
She's firm but fair. 
And she's fun to be around. 
It's likely that the poster with this thought was printed 
with Melissa in mind: 
People may not remember what you did or said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

This is a teacher, mentor, coach, guide, and friend who is always giving. So one day a few weeks back, we wanted to give back. Joshua took a little loaf of our zucchini bread to her and just a few class periods later, this note was delivered to him:


He said that at first he thought he might be in trouble because he couldn't understand why there was a note being delivered to him.
 {Kind of tells you how rare this is, right?} 
But then he opened it up and her thoughtfulness made him feel so special. A thank-you note for a thank-you treat ... who does that?
And kind affirmations to boot.
Melissa Victorick clearly has the gift of encouragement.
I cherish my every interaction with her and look forward to the next one as I reluctantly move away from our time together.
She's thoughtful,
trustworthy,
generous and 
gregarious.
And that's why she's this week's Climate Changer.

May there always be a Mrs. Victorick available
for tomorrow's leaders to lean on and go to
for advice or an embrace,
loving kindness or mentorship,
some encouragement,
some compassion,
some understanding,
and limitless unconditional love.

Thank you, Melissa, for being somebunny special 
{I couldn't resist!} in my children's lives 
and a Climate Changer in mine.






No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!