What a delightful day I spent in the Show-Me State,
where I enjoyed a jolt of character, love, and joy
at the CharacterPlus conference.
I made a few new friends and learned a lot of new things!
Here are some of the highlights from the two keynotes I attended:
Fed by Dr. Stephen G. Peters
1. It is impossible to teach a child whom you don't know.
2. We must FLIP destructive classroom behavior.
3. Your dreams must be bigger than your excuses.
4. Give kids permission to dream bigger.
5. Find ways to expand their world and their reach.
6. Make kids wish you could stay.
7. Find people with the IT factor.
8. Do something ... what will you do?
9. Mission statement: We will all choose to do the right thing.
10. Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.
Ignited by John O'Leary
1. It's often the invisible stuff that burns you.
2. What more can you do?
3. The winds of change always come.
4. If it's just about you, you save yourself when danger comes.
5. If there's someone else involved, you jolt love.
6. It only takes one.
7. There are two great motivators: fear and love.
8. What you know is what you do.
9. Let your yes be heard.
10. It can be anybody who helps you rise above.
None of it earth-shattering, all of it ground-breaking
because every time we capture a heart,
we are making our world a better place.
That takes me to new heights.
And it's better than any jolt 'o java any day!