Out of the Darkness

Yesterday I was in a Darkness to Light training,
and one of my takeaways was this:


I mess up. You mess up.
Your friends and family are going to mess up.
They are going to be unkind.
They might even be mean.
They'll disappoint you.
They'll let you down.
They'll frustrate you.
They'll anger you.
They'll lie to you,
steal from you,
break promises.
They'll embarrass you.

The best gift you can give yourself when this stuff {or worse} happens is to forgive them.

Got five minutes? 
Listen to what Leo Buscaglia has to say about this. 


I've heard it said that holding a grudge against someone
is like letting them live rent-free in your head.
What do you need to let go of,
and whom do you need to forgive 
to come out of the darkness
and give yourself that gift of peace?




3 comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!