Your Attention Please

Quite frankly, I don't know why we'd want or need to rank-order precious gifts. But, if we did, I'd agree that attention would be way up there, 
maybe even at the top, as this beautiful graphic suggests.

Click picture for source: soul-to-souls.com


I've actually got a few things growing in my garden this week.
First is the chance to speak with the parents of our second graders at church tonight. It's a big day for these parents, because their little ones will be participating in a blessing ceremony, after which they'll get their Bibles. My part is walking them through the developmental stages ... physical, social, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual ... of their 7-and-8-year-olds. I'll help them out with what to expect and how to nurture their growth so that they'll bloom like the flowers that they're meant to be. It's something I look forward to every year.

Then at the end of the week, I'll be flying home for a weekend to attend our 35-year High School class reunion. When Dad heard I was coming home, he asked if I would be able to give a little talk to some high school students where he served as interim Principal a few years back. Well, sure, I said, I'd be happy to, I heard myself say ... but that's kind of a new audience for me, so I'm working hard on this one. What seeds do I plant to nurture and grow a group of teenagers? I decided on 
An Attitude Of Gratitude 
and I'm still tilling the soil for that presentation. It'll be Friday from 2 to 3 pm (CST) if you want to send up a little prayer or some warm fuzzies and positive vibes.

In between those two speaking opps, we'll be celebrating Constitution Day and preparing for our Pinwheels for Peace activity at school. Our Buddy Benches ought to be installed once it stops raining and I'll be putting together small group counseling classes and pairing PAL mentors with their mentees, so this is going to be a busy week for me, one that will require at lot of attention. 
Intention. 
Mindfulness.

So again I'll ask:

What are you planting this week that needs 
your attention ... 
your time ... 
your tender loving care?

Because what you plant will grow.
Happy harvesting!




1 comment

  1. Hey Barbara, this was a great post!! I really like your graphic! This was a great reminder for me to start this week!! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!