Monday Made It: Scrabble Tabs

Today I'm feeling crafty, so I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics 
and sharing two things on Monday Made It.

Click image to see what everyone else is making.

Lately, I've had so much fun taking pictures and making them into inspirational minis. Last night I snapped this shot poolside.



My friend Jennifer Runde took this vacation picture and gave me
permission to use it as a slide in a workshop presentation.


You can create posters like these in Picmonkey or Powerpoint.

On Saturday I took a stab at making these Scrabble Tabs.


Here's a quick video tutorial.


John showed me how the edges of the tiles would serve as a tool to cut the magnet paper to the perfect size; we had the whole batch done in less than an hour. 
Easy Breezy, Lemon Squeezy! 

I took them to my classroom this morning, to try them out.


Here they are stuck on our Collaboration Station in Hero Headquarters.


I can't wait to play Scrabble. Or Boggle. Or Hangman.
We can also use the tiles to incentivize desired behaviors.
Students can earn letters for words like LEADERS;
move letters up to reinforce strong leadership choices.
When the whole word is in complete alignment,
it'll be time for a dance or some other fun.


Just for fun. Because fun is the ticket to engagement.
So that's what I've been up to, to beat the heat. 
What have you created lately?





8 comments

  1. Those magnetic letter tiles would be perfect for my second graders! I really need to make those. I think it would be fun to have them add up the total of the words that they create.

    Stephanie
    The Learning Chambers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that you've just integrated MATH into this Monday Made It. Thanks for stopping by and adding SUM fun!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love these! I wish my white board was magnetic. :( I saw a fun t-shirt this weekend that had "mind" with a line under it, then "matter" underneath. That would make a fun (growth mindset) brain teaser for your older students with your scrabble tiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay ... another use for the Scrabble Tabs. Thanks, Tanya, for always bringing the magic! Could you make them for a filing cabinet since your white board isn't magnetic?

      Delete
  3. What a neat idea to make the Scrabble tiles magnetic. Genius! Love the pictures with the quotes also!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of making them magnetic! I was playing around with creating a math words bulletin board with a scrabble tile font this week and am having so much fun!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, my sweet dear friend!!!!! SOOOO excited that you linked up!!! Your inspirational pics just warm my heart and make me smile! The boggle magnets....brilliant!!!! I have had some of those in a bag for a while wondering what to do with them...well, I wonder no more!! Thanks friend!!! Have a wonderful rest of your week!!!
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!