Mindful Moments

With so much concern about the rise in anxiety in children, adolescents, and young adults, I'm super excited to find equally as many resources for combatting that anxiety, from nurturing a growth mindset to intentionally spending more time in the moment.

First, a few strong mindfulness resources:

Join Cheryl Jones in a few simple Mindful Desk Movements
Enjoy these in-the-moment resources from Mindful Schools
And practice Spider-Man Mindfulness

Then, some recent growth mindset finds:


A Growth Mindset animation featuring the Tortoise & the Hare
A treasure trove of Growth Mindset Lesson Resources

Engaging, thoughtful clips from Class Dojo, like this:


And from Mindset guru Carol Dweck: When a Fixed Mindset is Better Than a Growth Mindset ~ wait, what?

What amazing mindset or mindfulness treasures 
have you unearthed lately?

Now I must get back to our garden; there's some planting to do
in this moment.









1 comment

  1. I have been teaching mindfulness this year after writing a grant to obtain some training and resources. My students LOVE breathing with the Hoberman sphere, sharpening their mindful listening with the tone bar and I am excited to introduce this clip to breathe along to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUDO4m8Z42U&feature=share

    I've taught some age-appropriate neuroscience with it as well, and can I tell you how cute it is to hear from a sobbing primary student - who made a hurtful choice, "I was just all in my amygdala and I should have taken some deep breaths...." :)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!