Friendship Is In The Air

How is it possible that January 2017 has already come and gone?
How is your focus on that one little word helping you?
Mine is hope; here's what spoke to me today.
I like the idea of being joyful in hope.


And our nation is going through some turbulent times,
so I connect with being patient in affliction
and faithful in prayer.

Tonight, a quick post, to express my gratitude
for this uplifting visual display.


Here's how this beautiful bouquet came to be:
I saw a variation of this as a door decor at my former school
that really caught my eye and called my name.
Meant as a Valentine's Day display, it read:
Love is in the air ...

Well, I loved it instantly, that's for sure ... so I sent a Facebook message to the mom (Beth) who created it to ask if she'd come make one for us ... not knowing what the answer would be since she doesn't even have students on our campus. 
Obviously, she said yes!
First I thought ours might say kindness is in the air,
it being during the Great Kindness Challenge and all when I first spied it,
but then I remembered that we were heading in to February
and our focus would be shifting to trustworthiness,
our friendship pillar.
So I switched gears and voila.
She decided to tape the letters up there,
so we can switch it to respect or responsibility,
if the spirit moves us.

On the hearts, we put strong verbs that can help students
 make healthy connections in their relationships.

Be.
Care.
Help.
Adapt.
Serve.
Listen.
Accept.
Affirm.
Support.
Respect.
Forgive.
Embrace.
Apologize
Encourage. 
Love.
Trust.
Savor.
Protect.
Comfort.
Share.
Yearn.
Recycle.
Be Kind.
Show compassion.
Practice empathy.
Use self-control.
Be a light.
Play fairly.
Honor.
Take responsibility.
Tell the truth.
Express gratitude.

And so on.

We left a few blank, in case students want to add their reflections.

My heart is soaring because friendship is in the air at Bales Intermediate. And I'm grateful for a volunteer who chose to generously share her time and talent with us.


Happy February.





No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!