Because I Said I Would

What an exciting and very busy week this has been. On Monday I took time out for self-care by leading a WellBEing Workshop with the counselors in Pearland ISD just down the road; what a booster shot of restoration and joy that was! 

They were really good sports because I asked them not only to draw a picture on paper plates atop their heads ...  


but also to guess which card they were holding on their foreheads.  


Click the pictures for those ideas we used to help them BE childlike!

We celebrated John's birthday on Tuesday and Joshua will turn 18 tomorrow. How can our baby boy, the third in our trilogy, be voting age? It truly seems like he was just in elementary school with me at Westwood, where he was learning to read and write and make friends and be a kind kid.


And loosely speaking of ABCs, my post on assessing social-emotional learning and growth at Free Spirit Press went live {here} yesterday.

Looking forward, I am headed back into leadership classes and Social Stations this next week. Since class will have a trustworthiness theme, we'll start with writing promise cards to attach to this amazing because I said I would promise banner. I can't wait to find out what our superheroes want to promise. 


Our other Social Stations will include a Trust Fall, a friendship song in the ukulele lab, a friendship clip with reflections, Scramble Square puzzles, Puppet role plays, and Friendship Cootie Catchers. It promises to be great fun.







No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!