Don't judge each day by the harvest that you reap,
but by the seeds that you plant. ~Robert Lewis Stevenson
When I reflect poolside, I often think about planting seeds.
And when I sit at the lake, same thing. Planting seeds. Of kindness.
I find myself wondering, "What else can I do to give kindness wings."
to speak at a Kindness Kickoff Event next week!
I started creating immediately so that
my sticker sisters could make a memento.
complement Mr. Quigley's Keys to Connection. 💜
So when I connect these keys to planting, I think this:
Be friendly: Plant your seeds in rich soil.
Offer help: Enrich the soil with fertilizer.
Reach out: Care for the seeds by watering.
Show appreciation: Be the light your seeds need.
Can you see why I'm so excited today?
So I get a few minutes at the end of the school day,
to inspire the kids to bring their families to the event.
There, participants will take a nature walk, where they will
stop at stations that enrich their tenets while reading through
the pages of Mr. Quigley's Keys, posted along the path.
I can't wait!
And I'm grateful.
If you'd like a coloring sheet for the Stevenson
quote at the top of this post, click {here}.


Needed this Stevenson reminder today. We started a tiny dinner ritual a while back - everyone names one 'seed' they planted that day, no matter how small. Some days it's just 'I held the door for somebody at the store.' Funny thing is, naming them out loud makes the kids (and honestly me too) go plant more the next day. Kindness really does compound.
ReplyDelete