Facing The Testing Giant

We're having our Super STAAR (That's what our new State test is called) Assembly today for third, fourth, and fifth graders and we've got a few fifth-grade leaders who've agreed to give a pep talk to their peers along with a few PALs from the high school to fire them up.  
I was put in charge of the launch. YAY!

Here's what I've selected to wrap it all up, a clip from the movie Facing The Giants. This powerful piece ought to motivate our students to do their best and to go the distance. There are SO many parallels between this scene and the Giant that is our State Assessment.  I actually got teary-eyed as I watched this coach, his challenge, the star player, and the teammate on his back.  I can't wait to see their reactions! 

This motivational snippet is dedicated to kids everywhere who'll be facing their giants during testing for the next couple of days and to their teacher-coaches who've worked so diligently to prepare their teams for the big game.


2 comments

  1. This is the clip I showed my 5th graders before their STAAR in March! It is perfect, and so motivational!! Best of luck to you and your kids this week!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!