Mobilize The Earth

Click the image for an Earth Day Book Review.
Happy Earth Day!  This year's theme - Mobilize the Earth - intrigues me.  What do you think that means? And what do you think you can do to make that happen? It's also my dad's birthday today, he's turning 75, and I'm thinking about the rain barrel stand that he helped us make last time he visited us in Texas. My husband and he worked together to make a rain-water collection system that would effectively reuse the rain. Dad's a skilled carpenter, always willing to lend a helping hand and build or fix something. Finally, I'm thinking about the song I Refuse by Josh Wilson. It's become one of my favorite Christian Rock songs; I get SO happy when I hear that dulcimer in the intro. I've kind of adopted the song's powerful lyrics that coincidentally fit beautifully with Earth Day:  
I could choose not to move but I refuse!



6 comments

  1. Good Morning, Barbara:
    Love this song!
    Especially when it is blaring through the complex at 6:30 in the morning!
    Love the message--and adore that you shared it with us!
    Have a wonderful, WONDERFUL day!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dads can make and fix anything. Boy, my dad can do it all. I am your newest follower. Stop by and visit sometime.
    Sandra
    Classroom Companion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your father! I saw this guy in concert this year. He's very talented.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your dad! My husband took the two younger girls out for an Earth Day walk to pick up garbage - it was my middle girl's idea - she said, "The Earth NEEDS us!" Too cute!

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!