The List

Self-reflection is such an important yet challenging part of the process of growing as a character educator. So today I'm appreciating and admiring the courage that it took the Fox High School Educators to share their personal thoughts and experiences about when teachers react with or revert to bullying behaviors. Just this past week I had to intentionally stop myself from the inclination to publicly admonish one of our little learners for a behavior I didn't like. And while that's hard to admit, I know that I owe it to myself and my students to take a hard, honest look at what pushes my buttons and get a handle on how I handle it. In the end, it's all about treating my students with the same courtesy and respect that I want from them.  


So, get some tea and get comfortable; 
The List is a clip you won't want to miss.      






4 comments

  1. When I first saw this at a CEP conference, I was stunned. What courage it took for them to admit that sometimes teachers can be bullies to students. I love their promises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I changed the name of my blog piece-of-cupcake-life! Here's my brand spankin new URL!

    www.teach-bake-love.blogspot.com

    Check it out!

    -Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thanks for the comment Barbara! That is too funny about your dream. I have actually been trying to think of a way to use those beads to make a pendant for a necklace, maybe melting them on their side, so they kinds melt together? Guess I will have to try it out and see what I come up with. Hope the remainder of your school year is fabulous!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara! I just found your blog and I am so excited to read all of the wonderful resources you have. I am doing a post on values and your site is very inspiring! Thanks for sharing this. Hope to see you at True Aim!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!