Saturday Songs


Good morning and happy Saturday!  I went to bed past midnight, which for me is REALLY late, and woke up singing Beach Boys songs since we went to their 50-year reunion concert last night.  What a treat! After three hours, my thirteen-year-old asked, "How many songs do these guys know?"  Fifty years' worth, I suppose, though they actually only sang 47! Anyway, I only know a handful of people who are still at something after 50 years; my Godmother has been married for more than 50 years (Congrats Sue and Clay!) and our dear friends David and Cynthia Hearn just celebrated their golden anniversary, my Aunt Norma retired after 50 years as a classroom teacher and one of our Assistant Superintendents (Myrlene Kennedy) has been in education in FISD for over 50 years. Their dedication and commitment inspire me! 

In honor of the Beach Boys and their musical legacy, I've decided to put Saturdays aside this summer to showcase an inspirational song.  So, get some coffee or tea, turn up your speakers a smidge and enJOY my first Saturday Song:  

Today I'm Gonna Try To Change The World 
by Canadian artist Johnny Reid.



5 comments

  1. I am so glad you posted that wonderful song. Unfortunately, although he is a Canadian artist we can't access if in our country because it says "content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." How bizarre! So for any Canadian you can access it on you tube. Such an inspiring song for all but especially kids. Thanks Barbara.
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The Beach Boys Concert was my very first. I will never forget sitting in the stands at Candlestick Park singing along as a 7 year old. Thanks for paying me a visit today :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, do you really want me to be a guest blogger? Wow if so, because I would consider that a great honor.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "Saturday Songs" idea! I'll be tuning in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to fix that typo...

    Hello My Friend, Barbara!

    I finally have a moment to catch my breath--and I can't think of anything better to do than to stop by the Corner!
    You are such an inspiration to me... and I can only imagine how much love you generate at your school(s)!

    HAPPY Saturday! Love the song idea...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    PS Beach Boys/Chicago was my first concert ever!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!