What's Cookin'?

Susan over at T.G.I.F. is having her first link-up and it involves recipes, so of course I'm in! Snag my recipe, then click her adorable graphic to be transported to her blog for more deliciousness.


I have two Chicken Salad recipes, my old standby and Aunt Mary's Gourmet Chicken Salad. This week I chose the latter for a luscious light summertime lunch. Just look at how pretty it is (in my favorite Pampered Chef bowl),
 right before I added the dressing.



So if at this point you're wondering what makes this Chicken Salad so special, you're in luck because I've got Aunt Mary's permission to share the secrets!  

First ingredient is a no brainer - shredded chicken. You could boil your chicken but the meat from a baked bird is a bit juicier. It's your call. I bake mine atop a few strips of bacon to add a little flavor. Next three ingredients in equal proportions: celery, walnuts, and dried cranberries. I know, YUM, right? Cut those colorful fillers into bite-sized pieces and toss with the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and add just the right amount of mayo to moisten it. Serve on a butter croissant, on a bed of lettuce or inside a large tomato with a side of fresh fruit for the BEST lunch you've had in a while. 
Bon appétit!

4 comments

  1. It sounds full of deliciousness. My best friend makes a great chicken salad too. I can eat it out of the bowl with a fork. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken salad - yesssss!! Serving it on a buttered croissant would make all the difference in my house! Tell Aunt Mary I say THANKS for sharing her secrets :)

    Thank you for linking up!

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this--my mom also adds grapes to hers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barbara...this sounds...and looks...delish! I might have to add a pinch of curry...but what a lovely lunch or light dinner meal. :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!