Character Champs

One thing I just adore about author Maria Dismondy and her books is that they all center around champions for character, kids who overcome adversity by taking the high road and doing the right thing. The other thing that endears me to her books is that they all have a page for the parents/caregivers to help take the book's message a little deeper so that their children can put character into action. Such a gift!





Sooooooo, you can imagine my delight when this beautiful young author and mother of two sent me an email from Michigan this past June asking if I'd write the Information For Parents page in her upcoming book. 


I said yes, of course, (more about that in a later post) and I can't wait for this champ to be released early next month. 
Here's a sneak peek at Maria Dismondy's 
The Potato Chip Champ:


What a clever teaser: But when the chips don't fall Champ's way...
You can pre-order it now at Amazon and Barnes & Noble 
for its December 1st debut!

11 comments

  1. I just love her h=books and my students do too! I can wait to get this one. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of anyone better to choose for this task. You are a wonderful spokesperson for character education and a perfect voice to speak to parents (and teachers and counselors).

    I am anxiously awaiting this book--because I love Maria's messages and her books appeal even to my "oldsters."
    And I am so honored to know YOU!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you, Kim, to sprinkle JOY wherever you go. Thanks for your words of affirmation!

      Delete
  3. Hi there!
    It is a pleasure to meet you and become a new follower. I found you through Tammy's "Forever in First." I have just purchased another set of Character-Building picture books, one being Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun! So excited to read it to my class! Thanks for sharing your resources!
    Julie

    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Friend! I should get a set of books at my house on MONDAY then I am going to package some up and ship them to YOU!!! Yay! Thank you for this awesome blog post and for being a part of my book. I can't wait for us to collaborate some more in the future. And to give blogger buddy hugs over Skype tomorrow! :) Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - a skype session with Maria! We can't wait. The cookie dough is already chilling and I'm mixing up the pink frosting as soon as the girls arrive!

      Delete
  5. I've never read one of her books. They look right up my alley. Congratulations on such a wonderful honor.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy - and yes, they are RIGHT up your alley!

      Delete
  6. You are JUST the person to write the information for parents! What a well-deserved honor! I love her books and can't wait to see this newest one.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!