The Music In Me

Music has been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember. My Great Aunt Norma taught me to appreciate music starting in preschool by bribing me with a reel-to-reel recorder like this:




It didn't matter whether I was singing or playing piano, when she deemed my performance worthy, she'd press record and the machine would listen in and record me. Then she'd moved the lever to rewind and play it back for us. It intrigued me and inspired me to get better and better. 

So today I'm feeling thankful for the music in me. And for Aunt Norma, who gave me that love for music along with her century-old 
Upright Grand.

And now, with today's technology, I was able to use the flip cam to catch Joshua's piano practice, played on that same musical instrument I learned to play on years ago under Aunt Norma's care in her living room. I especially love that it has a fourth pedal to give it that special harpsichord sound. 


Happy Thanksgiving from our house to yours!


4 comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Barbara. Music is such a gift. I love that you're passing it down to your own children.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Love the piano music- if only I could do that!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know for a FACT that this cutie pie is the real deal--I've seen him play in person!
    Your San Diego contingent just watched this performance with delight... We send your family love and warm wishes on this Thanksgiving...
    Great job, Joshua!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice treat it is to hear your son play the piano, the same one you played on too! Joshua is wonderful! I love listening to children playing music. It's music to my heart and I wish I could freeze those moments in time. Have a blessed time in Texas enjoying your family. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!