Help!

I love to use film clips with students, and generally they need very little introduction, so today all I'll say is thank you to Pam Dyson for sharing this particular cut so I could share it with you. Don't you love Wing Clips?

And now, I Need Help from the movie Ray.



This made me wonder: 
Do I have the strength to do what Ray's mom did and let children pick themselves up? 
And when a door closes, do I empower them to go and find the window? 
What might I do differently after experiencing this clip?
How did Ray feel about his mom watching but not helping?
Finally, how might life have been different (easier? harder?) for Ray had the mom come running to pick him up and dust him off? 


1 comment

  1. That's a powerful clip and what an amazing gift she gave her son.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!