It's In The Cards

My friends over at I Can Teach My Child have graciously posted my first parenting blog - Parenting:  It's In The Cards - so here's the link in case you want to read it.  While I am by no means a parenting expert, I simply share tips that have worked for us as we grow up with the Gruener gang.  If I were to add one more ingredient to the mix, I'd have to stir in a recipe card.  
   Put an apron on your little chefs and invite them into the kitchen where you can teach them to cook and bake right alongside of you. When Jacob was in fourth grade and he wanted a job, I put him in charge of planning the meals for the week, of making a grocery list, of helping me shop, and of assisting with the preparation of our nightly meals for dinnertime around the table. That one strategy did more to enrich his development and grow his confidence than anything else we tried. So dust off your favorite recipes and encourage your kids to join you in the kitchen.  Bon Appétit!

No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!