Thanks and Giving

I just LOVE November because we purposefully set aside time to give thanks. When I stop to count my blessings, I find it impossible to keep track of them all, much less pick a most-thankful thing. Could you pick yours? What are you most thankful for today? 


Today, I find myself thankful to Brandi over at The Teachers’ Lounge for inviting me to share my thoughts in a guest blog every month and to her readers for their reflections. Click here to read this month’s post. How do you express gratitude? What are some creative ways that you teach your little pilgrims to give thanks and then give back?  

1 comment

  1. I am using Dr. Jean's Alburque Turkey song/booklet with my kindergartners. They will love the story! I am adding a blank sheet and have them draw a picture of what they will eat instead. Then we will summarize all the things we are thankful by asking each kiddo to think of one thing. For my 1st grade kiddos, we are doing a thankful tree with leaves and on each leave they will list something they are thankful for. Second grade is doing a wants vs needs lesson; Third grade and fourth graders are going to do a dinner for the senior center--they are having fun creating, preparing and can't wait to serve the dinner. They will be able to see how thankful they should be that they have homes, a family, and are healthy.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!