When God Paints

I got a glimpse of heaven on earth last night as I drove with my daughter back to school after two glorious days of Thanksgiving family time. Interestingly enough, it was as we were passing by LaGrange, Texas, where her absolute favorite place to spend summertime - Camp Lonestar - is! Anyway, she and I were having SUCH fun together in the car, talking and laughing and - get this - singing, when all of the sudden this snuck up on us:




I grabbed my camera because I wanted to remember it forever. Just a little farther down the road, it became this breathtaking beauty:



I just love it when God paints! It made me think about our lives as a masterpiece. We start out an empty canvas every morning (Isn't THAT a blessing!) and we get to choose what our portraits will look like that day. And the next. And the next. Some days our pictures are like this night sky, majestic with an amazing array of hues, and other days they aren't as brilliantly colored, more muted and melancholy (I had one of those days just last week!) instead. But the gift in all of that is that if our artistry is not to our liking today, we essentially get another shot at it tomorrow. Thankfully, there's always tomorrow. So, what colors will you be using on your canvas today? 

6 comments

  1. When I was growing up, my parents took my sisters and I outside everyday at sunset. "No two days will ever be the same." That's my dads favorite line. I still go to their house on Sundays. We walk out to the dock and watch the sunset together. Thanks for sharing!!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! How beautifully put and wonderful food for thought on those days when I'm feeling a little gray or brown....lol. Something to think about each and every morning.....I love how that last question!! I may be making a sing that says that as a reminder:) Thanks for starting my morning off on the right foot/color:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, BlogFriend:
    It truly IS a blessing to get a "do-ever" each day!
    Loved the pictures and the post. Hope your "daughter days" were GLORIOUS!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, friends! Cheryl, I LOVE that you still see your parents every Sunday and Tara, let me know when you make that sign. Oh, and Kim, it was delightful spending time with my college girl. She's SO independent!!! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara-

    WOW! Breathtaking-the pictures and your words! And I really love what Mrs. Saoud wrote that her dad said-"No two days are ever the same". Aren't we lucky?

    Have a great Monday and rest of the week! :)

    Shannon
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!