Holiday Awesomeness

Tell me I'm not the only one who has spent an inordinate amount of time watching those sentimentally sappy, holiday happy, festive flicks on cable television this week. There's Christmas Magic, Trading Christmas, Mrs. Miracle For Christmas, The Christmas Pageant, The Town That Forgot Christmas, The Town That Christmas Forgot, The Santa Incident, Annie Claus, Santa Jr., A New Mom For Christmas, A New Dad For Christmas, A New Dog For Christmas, The Christmas Cottage, The Christmas Carol, Fa La LaL-I-Day.
(Disclaimer: Some of these aren't actual titles - can you tell which?)
I've been in hog heaven - and T.E.A.R.S. - predicting watching in wonder and wondering as I watch 
just exactly how it'll all work out in the end.
(OK, well, actually I have figured a FEW almost ALL of them out!)  
In fact, I'm watching The Road To Christmas right now, and, while it might not seem like it, I think Jennifer Gray and Clark Gregg might are gonna end up together. Pretty sure, I think. 
That being said, I do have a few new books on deck 
for when this movie marathon is over. (Sniff, Sniff)
Like An Awesome Book of Thanks by author Dallas Clayton, for example; check out this adorable promo trailer. 
Oh, and I'm thinking about calling the Hallmark Channel and the Lifetime Movie Network 'cause I think that this cutie patootie would be a P.e.R.f.E.c.T fit for next year's awesome holiday movie marathon!



2 comments

  1. I can honestly say that I haven't watched any of them. But then, I honestly need to say that I have all of them on my DVR. I'll be having a Christmas movie marathon one of these days. A day of pure bliss... watching movies, eating popcorn, drinking hot chocolate, being waited on by my husband. Well, probably not...but I can dream!!! Merry Christmas.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friend:
    I watched the George C. Scott version of Scrooge the other day, and I was surprisingly moved.

    And then I started crying when we watched Charlie Brown--in reality, it is more sad than funny... but there are some tender moments and, thankfully, in the end Linus shows what "Christmas is all about."

    Here's a new link for you:
    http://teachinginroom6.blogspot.com/2011/12/stop-bullying.html

    Happy Day Away!
    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!