Saturday Songs 6

So I was shopping at Kohl's, my favorite store, and I almost got this shirt.  It was on sale for like $9 and oh, how I love a sale!  It was SUCH a striking shade of mustang blue, and I really think Cookie Monster is cute, quirky and quite entertaining, so I carried it around for a while, but then I put it back. I figured that a counselor probably shouldn't be glorifying cookies as a comfort food or glamorizing them as an antidote to chaos. Then, Joshua added, "Besides, mom, Cookie Monster always pushes people around so he can get more cookies for himself!" Can't argue with that. But after seeing this clip, I've changed my mind. So while you're watching the silliest installment in this summer songs series, I'll be hunting for that 20% off coupon.


Instead of the selfishly crazed critter that Joshua remembers, here's a somewhat gentler albeit determined 21st-century Cookie Monster asking his friends to share in this spoof inspired by the summer smash hit by the incredibly inspirational Canadian artist Carly Rae Jepson. Take that link back to Diane Sawyer's World News Tonight spot on her and guess what? Her parents and step-parents are teachers and she gives a nice shout out to her former teachers!
And now, Sesame Street's Share It Maybe:

  

4 comments

  1. What a great shirt. I love a good excuse for a cookie...or two! :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's your favorite kind of cookie? I love Girl Scout Thin Mints and Monster cookies! Maybe I ought to add that recipe . . .

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! Great video!
    I hope you bought the shirt.
    My favourite cookies are gluten free chocolate chip.

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video and your Saturday Songs series!

    I love the Girl Scout's Peanut Butter Patties! Of course a warm, moist chocolate chip cookie never disappoints either!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!