Calm Down and Circle Up

Day three and I still can't believe I'm back to work. . . those summer days are long but the summer as a whole is SO short! Today I'm guest posting over at the National Center for Youth Issues so click {here} to go there for the article that goes along with this interactive character-themed bulletin board. How will your kids do in the School Olympics?


photo of Olympic-Theme Character Board

  And have you seen these Calm Down jars? 


They're gleefully glittery! I made one after my friend Tabitha over at Scrapbook of a School Counselor showed me how easy it was. Click {here} for that video tutorial. All it takes is a little glitter, some glitter glue, some food coloring and some warm water. I used a bottle from some fruity Italian Soda I've recently discovered. And I do plan to add a touch of super glue inside the bottle cap, just to prevent it from ever opening up. I'm thinking I might make a purple one, too -- what do you think?

Before you run to a craft store for your supplies, check out Marissa's guest post over at PreK and K Sharing. Marissa Rex is the author of the amazing Elementary School Counseling website and she has graciously agreed to take my turn today and share some fun back-to-school ideas for connecting kids. You'll love her Memory Circle activity! 
{Click the graphic to head that way.}





5 comments

  1. I've been out of town. I've missed commenting on your blog. Thanks for the ideas today!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE seen those calm down jars. They're very cute, aren't they?

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this yet! How neat! I must make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually made the "calm-me" jars with my students. I let them choose their favorite color which means...I have a TON of glue and glitter now!!! I sealed the top with that e6000 glue which seemed to work well (it's waterproof). Also, I created a little card to send home with the student to explain to the parent the purpose of the jar and how they can encourage their child to use it at home. Yours is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found this area.. great ideas... Thank you for sharing! Virginia

      Delete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!