Polka-dot Fixes Kindergarten

I went back to work yesterday and started planning for my new arrivals - our kinder kids! Combing my shelves, I came across this newcomer I learned about from Books That Heal Kids called 
Polka-dot Fixes Kindergarten by Catherine Urdahl
Just look at how adorable she is!



Her name is Dorothy, but she goes by Polka-dot. Things start out kind of shaky for this little learner that first day of school. She comes to school with her trusty fix-it kit, but does she have something in there that'll fix the way she's being treated by Liz? Check out this book, then click the book-cover graphic for an awesome review with some activity suggestions. I'm going to find out what my Kindies think they would put into their fix-it kits if they brought one to school. I'll also use it to talk about small vs. big problems and tattling vs. reporting. I cannot wait to meet my 
newest newbies!


2 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up- with my polka-dot theme this year, this will be a must had.
    Tiffani
    Time 4 Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kissing Hand, Wemberley Worried, 12 days of Kindergarten are a few of my favorites that the kinderbeaners love.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!