Treasure The Military


Today I'm excited because I'm guest posting for Ashley over at The Teacher's Treasure Chest. She's a Navy Wife and they're in the middle of a cross-country move. Click the graphic to go there and read my thoughts about the service and sacrifice that become routine to military families but that must be honored and held in high regard by the rest of us for whom they fight. And for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, we will NEVER forget!



Never having had to relocate or change schools (like military kids have to do) during my formative years, I don't really know what the new kid on the block goes through, but knowing that new students can become targets of students with bullying behaviors, I am keenly aware that we need to do whatever we can to make their transitions as seamless as possible.

photo of New Kids bulletin board
I got the inspiration for this one from Kim E. at the Bulletin Board Ideas for Elementary Teachers Facebook Page. It says:
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
We Wished For You 
And Here You Are! 
To welcome our newbies to our family, I wrote their names on the stars. I already met a few of them at our new student orientation on Friday and I'm eager to meet the rest at Meet and Greet next week. 

3 comments

  1. love the new kids board--I am borrowing your idea and will tweek it a little to fit our kiddos. Enjoy Alabama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to hop over to Ashley's to visit you there.
    Love the Twinkle Twinkle sentiment... and I hope you'll share more about Meet and Greet!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twinkle Twinkle is so so sweet.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!