Cookies With The Counselor

In an effort to put the fun into fundraising, our PTO encourages us to donate teacher treats to our school auction. These treats can include things like grade-level movie nights or pizza parties, guitar lessons with the music teacher, canoeing with the AP, tuck-in-time with the administrators. 

One of my contributions at last year's auction was actually in partnership with author Maria Dismondy because she donated an autographed-copy of her book Pink Tiara Cookies for Three and a tiara cookie cutter so I donated a cookie-baking session. We scheduled it for last Sunday; just look at 
how much fun we had!

We rolled out the cookie dough.

We cut out the cookies.

We baked the cookies.

We frosted and decorated the
Pink Tiaras.



We chatted with Maria up in Michigan via Skype!


We read Maria's Pink Tiara Cookies story.

And the girls all got a Pink Tiara stocking cap -
aren't they adorable?
 Each girl left with a tray of cookies to share and a copy of my grandmother's Sour Cream Sugar Cookie recipe. 
Maria wrote about our Skype visit at her blog {here}.
I'm not even sure how much money the outing brought in for the school, but I will tell you that our time together was priceless!


7 comments

  1. I just love this idea Barbara. Our silent auction this year didn't go so well. I'm going to suggest something like this. Thank you again.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, the teacher treats actually do bring in quite a bit of extra money for the school. I also donated a knitting lesson. You could do a little class on making your cool framing designs - I'd totally bid on that!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Barbara,
    How fun does that look? I wish I could have been a part of it!

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawna - I'd LOVE to have had you here as well! Wouldn't this be a fun bloggy meet up.....

      Delete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. (I think that says it all).

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! Everything about it! The idea, the book, the cookies, the chat with the author! What an awesome treat for those girls! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!