The Habit Of Happiness

Happiness is a choice ... and it can become a habit.


So I made a Happy New You bulletin board that says so. I got these creative and adorable 7 Habits Of Happy Kids downloads from Stephanie over at 3rd Grade Thoughts. Go check it out; she has done an excellent job of using Sean Covey's book and concept.

Synergize is probably my favorite habit because I firmly believe that together is better. Yesterday we had a chance to Skype visit with author Jodi Moore and I could feel the synergy. We worked together to introduce 
Good News Nelson, her new book. She read it to the kids on the big screen, then answered their questions about the story that inspired the book and her life as an author. What fun it was to use technology to meet a new friend from Pennsylvania and get together in Texas to learn and enjoy.


Isn't that just a terrific way to launch our week? And then, I returned to my office to an email from my friend Jo at Prairie Elementary in Wisconsin, sharing that one of her teachers brought along some sweets to share some joy today. Together IS better!



My cross-country collaborations make me happy.

2 comments

  1. Thank you for helping spread the joy Barbara! This little token proved to be so uplifting to our staff. We need to always look for joy, even in our darkest hours.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!