A Recipe For Reciprocity

I got this note some time ago with some yummy apple cake! 


It was kind of an unwritten rule in my house, too, but if I were to ascribe to it now, I don't think I would ever catch up. 

Here's what's been delivered this past month:


chicken enchiladas - thanks LaBorde family
curry chicken and rice - thanks Gidika's mom
seafood gumbo - thanks Ricky and Jane Anne
chicken parmesan - thanks Kindergarten Team
chicken casserole and tomato bisque - thanks Liz
beef and chicken fajitas - thanks Team First
chicken pot pie - thanks Denise Smith
pizza - thanks Specials Team
sloppy joes - thanks Laura
taco soup - thanks Autumn
vegetable soup - thanks Karolyn
cottage pie - thanks Caroline
beef roast - thanks Cheryl
lasagne - thanks Lynette
stuffed shells - thanks Laura 
gnocchi soup - thanks Laura
beer bread - thanks Nancy
 chicken chili - thanks Amy
ravioli - thanks Nancy
cabbage rolls - thanks Laura
subway sandwiches - thanks Carrie
muffins - thanks Terri
apple cake - thanks Caryn
apple pie - thanks Liz
pecan pie - thanks Jennifer
assorted cookies - thanks Cindy
two cheese cakes - thanks Carol and Susan

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. And for the record, I did return Caryn's plate with some blueberry bread - here's that recipe. 
It makes two loaves, one to keep and 
one to share.

Blueberry Bread   

2 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 cups flour
1 T. and 1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 T. all-purpose flour

Blend eggs and sugar, add milk and butter. Sift dry ingredients into liquid. Coat berries with the 2 T. of flour, then fold into batter. Split batter evenly among two greased loaf pans. Lightly sprinkle batter with sugar for a bakery-top crust. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Mmmmm!

Oh, and when you can, always return the container with 
something tasty!


3 comments

  1. Oh, yes, my blueberry friend. Remember we exchanged some recipes over the summer? I was thinking about this yesterday. Thanks for the new recipe.
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It blesses me to see that long list of love.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!