When Both Teams Win

Perhaps you've seen it by now, the 
On The Road With Steve Hartman 
story from earlier this month about the El Paso rival high school
 basketball teams and Mitchell, one team's manager, 
whom the coach lets suit up in jersey #24 and play. 

If not, grab some tissues and watch this 
amazing display of sportsmanship.
(Thank you, Jo, for sending me this link!)

Just imagine a world filled with kids like #22
teens who at a young age were taught to 
treat others like they want to be treated.

Share the clip with your students, then complete the graphic organizer about this win-win game.  
Click {here} if you want to download the document.


Encourage them to tell about a time when they 
created a win-win in their lives.

Don't you love it when both teams win?



5 comments

  1. I love seeing clips like this. It reinforces the fact there are a lot of good kids out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that video the other day. What a sweet example of character.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, I love this sooooo much....and I cannot BELIEVE I came to the corner at 9:30 at night when I SHOULD be trying to get some sleep...and this is what you've posted. I'm beginning a round of lessons with 4th graders tomorrow and my topic is "upstanding" instead of "bystanding." I'm using Maria Dismondy's Juice Box Bully story so how perfect will it be to end it with this video clip?!!! Not to say that #22 was an upstander to bullying, but to leave them with the idea that upstanding has many forms. I won't have time to complete the graphic organizer with them, but I'll show it and ask them to sketch it very quickly (remember our copy dilemma?) while I ask them to reflect on it and get back to me! Maybe the little mailbox outside my door will be flooded with their responses...that would be a win-win! Thanks....again!!! Great resource!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!