A Song From Space

This might be the coolest collaboration I've ever seen.
  
From the cupola of the International Space Station (I.S.S.) orbiting the earth approximately 220 miles above the surface, Canadian Astronaut and current I.S.S. Commander Chris Hadfield joins Canadian singer Ed Robertson and the glee choir from Toronto's Wexford Collegiate School for the Arts in this song 
Is Someone Singing (I.S.S.).   



Canada is one of the principal partners of the I.S.S., a collaboration of fifteen nations working together to achieve the common goal of human space flight and the extension of our society into the solar system. Because a program like this means putting aside political differences, NASA considers it as much a human achievement as it is a great technological advancement.

Since I'm always looking for teamwork and career stuff 
to motivate kids, I was delighted when John (my space boy) sent me
this link to an inspirational comic strip, created using 
Hadfield's words of wisdom, 
including this quote:




2 comments

  1. That is cool!!! Isn't it amazing what we can do with technology? Way to encourage those "out of this world" careers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good quote. We have to determine our circumstances versus letting them determine us!
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!