An Attitude of Gratitude

It's November 7th; do you know what that means? Our friends at Kind Spring are launching their 21-day Gratitude Challenge. Yay!


In his illustrated picture book The Secret of Saying Thanks, 
author Douglas Wood ends with these wise words: 
We don't give thanks because we're happy. 
We're happy because we give thanks.

Seems counterintuitive, but it's true.

Read all about the benefits of gratitude {here}. 
Get Lissa Rankin's prescription for gratitude {here}.
See what you think about the Scrooge Effect {here}.
Check out The Science of Thankfulness {here}.
Read about the art of writing thank-you notes {here}.
Four reasons you should join the Gratitude Challenge {here}.


So for the next 21 days, I'm going to be 
adding appreciations to my gratitude journal. 
Intentionally. 
I'll be looking for things to be grateful for and 
ways to express and show that gratitude. 
On purpose. 
And I'm enthusiastically expecting to find a heap of happiness 
at the end of November's rainbow. 
For real.

Essentially, I'm planning to get high on gratitude, 
to overdose on thankfulness,
and to become an appreciation addict.
Because when you fill your vessel with gratefulness,
guess what drives ya?
Empathy, kindness, charity, service, and love.
Sounds transformative, doesn't it? I can't wait to get started.

How might an attitude of gratitude change your day?






1 comment

  1. I signed up for the challenge! My daughter showed me the video that has the Science of happiness, and I told my kids at school about it awhile ago. Gratitude is an attitude, and a healthy one at that. Thanks for the quote by JFK as well. I am a quote collector! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!