Something Wonderful

Yesterday morning I dragged into the office, opened my door and saw a caramel frappe from McDonald's on my desk with my name on it, staring at me, begging to be enjoyed. Yep, along with her smile and a her huge heart for kids, my intern brought me something wonderful. 

What a terrific treat (unless you're counting calories)!


It's not really a surprise, though, because I know her parents, and they both go out of their way to do something wonderful for people all of the time. Since he retired, for example, her dad is always stopping by with sweets for our faculty, 
just because he can.

Reminds me that we reap what we sow.

Earlier this week, a truck-repair business just down the road from our school put this on their marquee:

Do something wonderful; people may imitate it. 

That gave Mr. Whitlock an idea:


And he ran with it. He asked me to take a picture of it and send it to our neighbors down the street. So I did. I thanked them for their inspiration, for being our neighbors and for setting the bar so high.

Sometimes it's the little things that turn into 
something wonderful!

Click {here} to read a simply wonderful letter ...
 from a veteran teacher to a newbie ... 
I'm lovin' that there's always something to learn.






1 comment

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!