I'm His Son!

We experienced a real-life Candid Camera moment on Friday when Technical Sergeant Stan Hill returned from his tour of duty in Kuwait early to surprise his children and visit with their classes. Click here to see the tearful homecoming clip between this Air Force reservist and his two children; listen as second-grade Lance squeals with excitement to see his Dad for the first time since his deployment in May and proudly proclaims, "I'm his son!" We thank the Hill family for their service and sacrifice on our behalf!

4 comments

  1. Precious! Nothing like starting my day with a happy heart!
    Thanks, Barbara!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    Jodi
    fun-in-first.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAIT! I just read this again... (MANY hours later). This happened at YOUR school? How totally awesome!

    Kim
    http://joyin6th.blogspot.com

    LOVE my link back, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was a defining moment for me. My little Lance had NO idea that his dad was going to walk through that door . . . he thought they were there for Reading Buddies . . . then he dad enters and the cameras start rolling and he innocently waves, "Hi!" he says, kind of oblivious to the fact that this was HIS dad that he hadn't seen except for on SKYPE since May!!! Then he jumps into his arms . . . couldn't you just FEEL the emotion? It was unbelievable. The sacrifice that these people make - KIDS included - is incredible.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!