Wee Sing Wednesday

Singing is a snap when you've got eager students who like to move, so we seal the deal with a ditty and a dance almost every time classes come to my office. Here's a clip that'll walk you through 
my signature song called Kids With Character.



Check out how happily engaged these kindies at my school are as they learn to snap their fingers and figure out the hand-jive motions while wee sing about character! 

Set to the tune of the Addams' Family, the version that they're singing goes like this:


Character Counts! (snap, snap)
Character Counts! (snap, snap)
Character Counts! Character Counts! Character Counts! (snap, snap)
R-E-S-P-E-C-T makes Westwood a great place to be.
We speak and act respectfully,
We're kids with character!

6 comments

  1. Hey friend! You are so awesome. I love that you have so much energy and passion for Character. I saw this blog today- and thought of you and the Corner on Character:
    http://ticklestogiggles.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-birthday-was-awesome.html
    I hope you are having a good week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So a cute video:) Love the idea of a knitting club......might have to try it:) My Morning Math club starts tomorrow for my strugglers. Thanks for stopping by;)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tabitha - LOVE the 35 Acts of Kindness for her b-day blog . . . thanks for the lead on the article and for connecting it back to the Corner!

    Tara, thanks for visiting back. Happy Math Club Day and let me know if you need any help with the logistics of a knit club!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, Barbara!

    You're amazing! I will definitely be singing that one in my head for a while.
    Your enthusiasm is such a JOY! How lucky those kids (and the ones who grew up in your home!) are to have you in their lives!

    Happy day! (Happy song!)

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job Barbara! I love it! I have to show my own children today when they come in from playing outside. You are an incredible lady. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutley adorable! Thank you for sharing. Your kids are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!