How Are You Feeling?

I really enjoy helping children get in touch with their feelings by identifying them and learning to manage them. This Today I Feel magnet from my friend Audrey hangs on my filing cabinet in my office. After a visit from Mrs. Quigley's class on Thursday, one little sprout gladly changed it to HAPPY for me!

An M&M Magnet Manipulative

Here's a song I wrote to help us with feelings identification; it's set to the tune of Old MacDonald:

My feelings are unique to me,
That's just the way I feel.
They change from day to day, you see.
They're mine and that's the deal.
Sometimes I'm happy, sometimes sad;
Sometimes scared and sometimes mad!
My feelings are unique to me,
That's just the way I feel. 

I popped into a kinder class last week for an impromptu song session:


We use the feeling tiles that my daughter drew on my office ceiling to make connections to our experiences all. the. time!





Here are a few of our favorite books with a feelings focus:









How are YOU feeling today?

6 comments

  1. I love your feelings song and it was fun to watch the kids singing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your song is great! I just might have to borrow it. And the magnet feelings board is neat -- I've never seen anything like that.

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Barbara, we'd LOVE it if you sang our song in Canada!!!

      Delete
  3. What a fun lesson! I love the trade books that go along with it!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. Is there no end to that girl's talents?
    Love those tiles.
    If they were in my classroom, I would get lost in looking at them, and someone would have to bring me back down to earth.

    Sending you the happy tile...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!