Java and Joy


So I went to the Variety Show at Friendswood Junior High last week and it. was. AmAzInG!!!  Words cannot adequately express how entertainingly phenomenal those two hours were; I stand in awe of the hard work that preceded the acts. The kids had to audition and the fifty-nine prospective performers were whittled away to the thirty who took the stage. Several singers stole my heart, a drummer completely overwhelmed and wowed me, that tap dancer took my breath away and three piano players - Joshua included! - tickled the ivories with finesse for me! The girl who sang while she played the piano especially impressed me because I know first-hand how difficult that is. Many of these talented young people were Westwood alumni, so that made it extra special!



One of the memorable moments was an eighth-grade cutie singing
 Taylor, The Latte Boy. I used to be addicted to Starbucks (Hello, my name is Barbara); click here to read one of my favorite stories about a friendship I made during those days.  So today, I'm dedicating this version of that latte song to all of my blogging buds (like Kim, Reagan, Tara!) and/or java junkies who bring me JOY.





3 comments

  1. Ha ha, that was hilarious!
    Our variety show is at the end of June. I can hardly wait:)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been cute to hear an 8th grader sing that. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile :) I go to bed thinking about how excited I am to have a cup of coffee in the morning! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!