Tasty Pork Tenderloin

Day two of Teacher Appreciation Week and I'm excited today because it's my turn to share at our PreK and K Sharing collaborative. Go there next and read my Kids In The Kitchen post!

Pork Tenderloin Deliciousness
And since I'm posting a kid-friendly recipe over there, I've decided to post a teacher-friendly recipe here. It's actually something that my brother made for us years ago when he visited that has become one of our family's favorites, partly because it's SO fast and easy.

Pork Tenderloin

For pork: 
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 pork tenderloins (2 - 2 1/2 pound total)
2 T. olive oil

For glaze:
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 T. finely chopped garlic
1 T. Tabasco (optional!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Stir together spices, then coat pork with spice rub.  Heat oil in an ovenproof 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until just beginning to smoke, then brown pork on all sides, about 4 minutes in all.  Leave pork in skillet.

Make glaze and roast pork:  Stir together brown sugar, garlic, and Tabasco; pat onto top of each tenderloin. Roast in the middle of the oven until a thermometer inserted diagonally in center of each tenderloin registers 140 degrees (about 20 minutes).  Let pork stand in skillet at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving. Add a little mango salsa on the side for a savory sensation. Serve with wild rice and steamed veggies; I'm going out to the garden to pick some green beans right now!



3 comments

  1. That looks absolutely delicious! You can come to my house and cook any time (really)! Thanks for sharing your recipe; I am going to try it soon.
    Swersty’s Swap Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara-Dear:
    You're an amazing counselor.
    You're a fabulous mother.
    You cook.
    You knit.
    You dance.
    You have a garden.

    Are you wearing a Wonder Woman outfit under those school clothes?????

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara,
    I am so happy to find your blog (and can't wait to try this recipe)
    Lyn
    Mrs. Goff's Pre-K Tales

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!