Somebody Loves You

If you're familiar with Eileen Spinelli's Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch, then you know that affirmations and appreciations can positively turn someone's life around, right?  So you can imagine how I felt when I got these books from not one, but TWO of my third-grade classes this year. They'd read Mr. Hatch's story and used it as a springboard for a gift for me.  And I can NOT read them enough.  Just look at all. of. this. AdOrAbLeNeSs!


They drew colorful pictures and wrote me love letters.


And I saw our Peacemaker theme coming through loud and clear!


They obviously gave their best effort!


I adore this one because he made my name . . . out of LEGOS!


They made me look SO radiant and happy.


This artist actually wrote her address and asked me to write back!


And guess what? I felt affirmed and appreciated.  


I. Felt. LOVED!

So today's bottom line is this: If ever you want to make someone feel REALLY special, just make them a treasure like this. I predict you'll enJOY doing it every bit as much as they'll treasure it.


7 comments

  1. I love it! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGolly:
    I would keep a treasure like this forever.
    In fact, if I had a big enough purse, I would carry it WITH me!
    BTW, you may have a future in commercials with eyelashes like those...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. How SWEET! What a wonderful way to finish your year - affirmed and appreciated! (LOVE Kim's comment about the eyelashes!)

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so wonderful!!!! Look at what a difference you make in the lives of your kids.I'm so glad they are reflecting it back to you. Reading this definitely filled me with joy!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very sweet. Those kinds of things must be kept forever.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keepers, for sure! And ditto about the eyelashes...
    Swersty’s Swap Shop

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so sweet and thoughtful of them! They did a fantastic job! I wish I could draw like that! :) Seriously!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!