Crockpot Monday

Who's ready for a SOUPer Cyber Monday? I'm not sure about the cyber part, but I do know that after a week off, I am going to be super happy for this pot of deliciousness when I get home from work today!


It's a taco soup recipe, loosely based on one my friend Vera shared a few years back. I'm going to serve it with tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, and a dollop of sour cream. Yum, yum.

Taco Soup

4 cans of beans (I use black, chili, pinto, kidney)
1 can corn
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can mild chili peppers
1 can tomato soup
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 bottle or can of beer (or chicken broth)
Chicken breasts or tenders

Combine all of the ingredients and stir well before adding chicken pieces. Let cook in crock pot five hours, then remove chicken and shred. Cook a bit longer, then serve with chips, cheese, sour cream and guacamole as desired. ¡Olé!

2 comments

  1. Looks delicious! Wish I were coming to your house for dinner:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe Barbara, I can't wait to try it...I even pinned it so I had it right at my fingertips :)
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!