Taking Responsibility

I clipped this comic years ago because our Kaitlyn was born around the time that this baby Zoe was born ... and, coincidentally, she would also put herself into time out when she'd done something wrong. As a result, Kaitlyn learned the value of taking responsibility (and sometimes a time out!) at a very young age; she really was very easy to parent.


Source: Houston Chronicle circa 1998 ...


I'm also sharing it because I need some comic relief as we're off to court this morning for the plea phase of the State's case against the driver who crossed the center line on that bridge into my lane of traffic last year and hit me head-on. We'll both be there, she to take responsibility and make restitution, and I to read my Victim Impact Statement. And to forgive her. Then let go and move on.

It's going to be an interesting day ... 
if anybody needs me, leave a message and 
I'll get back to you after it's over.

I'm so grateful to those of you who have reached out to me through this ordeal, through prayers, support, kind words. You have been a lifeline to me and I have appreciated every single sentiment.

Oh, and check back tomorrow to see who won that signed copy of Maria's 
sweet new board book. Contest ends today at noon central.





6 comments

  1. Good luck today Barbara! We'll be thinking of you!
    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck today. I will be thinking of you. Forgiveness is the hardest part but you will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts are with you today! May this put an end to this long painful year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything goes well. Court is never fun and especially when dealing with something so serious. I'm sorry you are having to basically relive it again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The healing will continue after the forgiveness. You are covered in prayer as well as the person who hit you. Stay strong Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it's all over and done with now. I hope it all went well and you're well on to the moving on stage.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!