Testing, Testing

Today I'm excited to wish my Father a happy birthday.
Birthday blessings, Dad!

I'd also like to wish you a happy Earth Day.
Click {here} for some creative ideas for being kind 
to the earth from my friend Jennifer at All Done Monkey.

I'll be spending the day monitoring
our state-mandated STAAR testing.
{I know, it's misspelled. Weird, right?}


I woke up in the middle of the night thinking that we could give our shining third-graders each a stress star (cut from a pool noodle) to celebrate successfully making it to - and crossing! - the finish line of their first official state testing session.

I figured we could attach a note that looks something like this:

Squeeze Me - I'm A
Smart Student,
           Trustworthy Test-Taker,
  And A                    
       Responsible Reader!

Sometimes the thought of testing
eight-year-olds keeps me awake at night.

Does your school do anything special
to help students skate through the rigor
of your state assessments?
How about to celebrate Earth Day?




No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!