Enjoy The Newness

Just like springtime in the south, today's post is going to be a visual dream.  Let's start with a picture that Joshua took a few years ago.  I just LOVE this shot of that colorful monarch caterpillar eating away at our milkweed.



Those little creatures get SO greedy when they're feasting before the famine.  Watch closely and you'll even see two of them engage in a little 'cat' fight!


Ultimately it's all worth it because their transformation is breathtaking!


The book Don't Worry Bear by Greg Foley explains this process so beautifully and is a book that I use with kids who need help coping with change as well as with those who are wracked with worries.
  

My usual question after we read the story aloud is, "If you could talk to Bear, what would you say?" And my favorite answer so far?  "Don't Worry, Bear.  Try to relax and enjoy the newness!"




Bulbs are tricky to grow in our gumbo, so I'm enJOYing the newness of this Iris bloom because that doesn't happen a lot around here and, when it does, 
it totally takes me back to the farm and my childhood.




Oh, and the bluebonnets are about to explode. If you've never seen them up close and personal, come visit us in Texas 'cause 
they. are. eye. candy! Sweet.



Wanna sing about the newness? 
Don't miss the clever butterfly song at Dr. Jean and Friends.


3 comments

  1. Beautiful post! I love all your photos.

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the irises. Mine are just starting to come up out of the ground. My crocuses have started to bloom in the last day or two - it's an early spring for us!

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this book to use with students. So simple, yet powerful! Beautiful pictures, too. Krissy
    Mrs.Miner’s Monkey Business

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!