Buddy Benches

Today we found gold at the end of the rainbow because three Buddy Benches were delivered. Tomorrow morning at our community gathering, they'll be officially presented to our school family by Girl Scout Troop 26283. What a gift! I can't wait to see the skit that the girls have come up with to help our littlest buddies understand how to use them to make a friend at recess.




Then, my heart nearly burst in peace class when a first-grade girl explained character to Junior The Giraffe puppet like this:
First, you learn it.
Then you have it.
Then you have to use it.

I don't know many 6-year-olds who can explain
the three domains of character education so eloquently.
Can you say Day Maker???

To top it all off, I received a surprise care package in the mail
from my friends in Brazosport ISD:


It included this Day At The Beach
which I can totally feel myself enjoying right now.


Keep calm and carry on;
our slide into summer is ever-so-close.





2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sylvia. I have been praying that you're doing okay and have not be threatened by those fires, so I'm delighted to hear from you!

      Delete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!